BALAY CANOSSA ORPHANAGE
The House of Friendship is a safe house that protects abandoned, neglected, and orphaned street children in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. In addition to providing the basic needs of food, clothing and shelter, the children also receive academic instruction and spiritual training for empowerment.
By providing formal instruction, weekly catechism, and counseling to the children and residents of the safe house, the Canossian order seeks to:
- Provide loving concern and care by giving them warmth, affection, understanding, and security.
- Educate them to value life as a gift as they discover God's love and mercy.
- Prepare them academically in order to pursue higher education or vocational courses.
- Counsel our residents to provide them with the support mechanism to cope with life's adversities and find meaning in their lives.
- Foster experiences of giving, peace, joy, and unconditional love.
- Build a Christian community in which everyone is loved and accepted for who they are and what they wish to become.
The Canossian Sisters launched a P3.5 million project in 2006 to build a new home for the children.